what could it be

my 10 month old has red spots all over his body but they dont itch him so what else could it be

devlynsmommy08

Asked by devlynsmommy08 at 9:17 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• could still be hives. My daughter had them when she was allergic to the antibiotics, but she never scratched at them. Give a little benadryl and if they clear up then he's allergic to something
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 9:41 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Could also be a virus. The baby at 10 months would not have gotten the vaccines for the viruses that can cause red spots. Do not worry too much unless the baby gets a fever, refuses to eat, or begins to act "odd". Trust your instincts and it should be fine.
    It seems at such an early age babies do not scratch, but that does not mean it does not itch.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I had this and I was allergic to laundry detergents.. So, it could be an allergic reaction and maybe you should try various things to eliminate a possible allergen.. If your baby has trouble breathing at all take them to the ER asap.

It could also be an infection.. I'd take your baby to the doctor if it doesnt' clear up in a few days or if they start getting a fever/lack of appetite/lethargy.
    JamesAndMe

Answer by JamesAndMe at 10:05 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• food allergies?? Has he had anything new in his diet?
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 1:43 AM on Sep. 7, 2009