help with my son please (RACIAL ISSUE) PLEASE

i moved to a town where there mostly blacks and whites.My son is indian and the kids at school are giving him a hard time.I have riased my kids to not judge people by the color of their skin color.To look inside the person because thats what counts.Know matter what my son does the kids at school wont stop. I have gone to the school officals about this and its still going on.Other than telling my son to knock the living CRAP out of the kids what else can I have my son do to make them stop after all school just started,and he shouln't have to deal with this all year just because he is Indian , and the kids are not use to Indians being around them>ANY ADVICE WILL HELP PLZ>>>>>>

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• You need to take this to the principal of the school. This could be considered bullying and it should not be tolerated. If the principal doesn't do anything, go to the board of education and file a complaint.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:46 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• My step mom is Indian and she had this SAME problem herself and with her kids. She went in and raised hell at school. I don't mean she beat anyone up but she went into school and demanded parent teacher conferences and parent to parent conferences to solve the problem. It worked for her and her kids, hopefully it will help you babe. Good luck!
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 9:47 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I am so sorry that you and your son have to deal with such racism! I would also put my foot down and raise hell at the school !! That is not accceptable at any level! Kids can be cruel, we all know that. But if he cant feel safe at school then let him beat the crap out of them!! My son went thru a simular situation last year. He beat the crap out a kid that bullied him over and over. He did get suspended but he was pushed so hard he snapped! Those kids have alittle respect for him now!..I wish you luck!
    valentine14

Answer by valentine14 at 2:01 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I wanted to add that I do not condone fighting..but if it means standing up for yourself ,I am all for it!
    valentine14

Answer by valentine14 at 2:03 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I agree going to the school is a good thing, also having a parent teacher conference. My son has a skin condition and would also get picked on so he did a report about the condition and then presented it to the class. This seemed to help a little.

Does he have at least 1 friend in the school. My son and his friends would stay together and if someone was giving him a hard time the other kids would stand up with him

If it continues then I would tell him to protect himself. My son punched a kid once and got in trouble at school, not at home. I do not agree fighting to just fight, sometimes you just need to stand up for yourself.

Lastly, have you looked into putting your son in Taekwondo or some sort of Martial Arts class. This may help him feel better and teach him how to deal with bullies.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:52 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I agree with the parent teacher conference, talking to the principal, and the school board about it. If they still don't do anything talk to the local news station or newspaper to try and get the word out that way. Good luck and I hope that your son doesn't have to deal with the BS any longer!
    Domzmom2005

Answer by Domzmom2005 at 2:17 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Hi! u have gotten great advice about going to the principal. as far as for your child, you could try to shadow your kid for a day, just to let your kid know that they're not alone on school grounds. you could play it off with dad or a family member who comes in from out of town., for example. Make sure that you are careful of the steps so that the incident doesn't get turned around and blow up in your face. keep in mind that the people you will be asking for help may have a racist attitude that is unknown.
    sarahcooks

Answer by sarahcooks at 4:26 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• One of the moms mentioned that her son did a presentation at school that helped. Is this something your child could do? Maybe share with his class about his culture or something that makes him special. Talk to the teacher--maybe all of the kids could research their family history (after all, many of the kids who look alike may actually be from different parts of the world) & they could all present something. It would be an excellent experience for all of them.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 12:50 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• This is 2009! I can't believe this is happening! You should not sit by and let this happen. Make a lot of noise about this and do not let the school get by w/o taking stepps to educate their students about bullies! Call the principal and let him know that your ds is being singled out because of his race. Let him know that you will be making more phone calls if something is not done.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• My son was beat up by a mexican and I was told by the police had the kid been white and my son was mexican it would be a hate crime. WTF is that about?
    Good luck lady! I'm pulling for ya!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 3:24 PM on Sep. 6, 2009