I know it's not really a parenting question, but here goes: what would YOU do?

I'm going on vacation with my toddler, and I'm wanting to save money on meals.

Would you:

(A) Book a hotel that costs $63/night and offers a breakfast buffet,

or

(B) Book a hotel that costs $50/night and just packs some breakfast "snacks" from home or a local grocery store to nibble on?

We'll be staying at the hotel for 6 nights total.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• Get the cheaper hotel and pack extra snacks, food, etc..

That's what I always do when I go somewhere with my son.

Do you know how much food you can get for the $13 you'll be saving on the room?
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 10:24 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Choice A is much more realistic. You all can eat and get a nice start.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 9:43 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• We recently went on vacation with a 2 and 4 year old. I packed breakfast bars/pop tarts and dry cereal and a cooler with drinks. (we brought other snacks that would be good for snack times and lunch time or what ever we needed them for.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Choice A definitely. Usually the breakfasts they supply have all kinds of choices and even some hot foods and coffees so you can get a good start to your day. We always go to hotels that have continental breakfasts. It's so nice.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 9:49 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• thats an extra $13 a day just to have breakfast, i'd bring stuff w/me, if you want something hot most hotels have microwaves you can make oatmeal etc..and in my experience the free breakfast normally has: cereal, bagels, and oatmeal. possibly some eggs but never cooked well
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:53 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• It would depend. Does option A have a full breakfast buffet or just a hot continental breakfast. If it has a full buffet (meat, eggs, fruit etc..) I would go with option A. If it is continental, go with the cheaper room, you can do cereal and pastries cheaper than $13.
    ljmcmichael

Answer by ljmcmichael at 10:35 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Depends on if there is a microwave and fridge in the cheaper hotel and what the breakfast consists of at the more expensive one. If there is no fridge in B go for A , and if there is a full breakfast buffet go for A, if there is a fridge in B and continental breakfast at A go for B.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 11:30 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• honestly besides breakfast I'm sure the more expensive hotel offers other pluses. I would go with the one that offers breakfast. I find the breakfast included is great cause while yes we do bring a cooler anyways I find the usually have fresh fruit and yogurt and we sneak some of each for later in the day.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:35 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Choice A. We usually grab a piece of fruit from the breakfast and take it with us.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 9:54 AM on Sep. 5, 2009