When Do You Know When You Are At Your Breaking Point?

Hello im a wife of 26 yrs to the same man, i have kids and grandkids, My husband and i have a somewhat good marriege But we argue alot, i have been recently diagnosed with bi polor, its a up and downbattle for me to be happy , i stay sad alot, yrs ago before i married my husband he was very abusive to me , the smalliest thing would set him off, the very first time he hit me , he slapped me so hard in my face i woke up standing in the floor, for about 6 yrs more was the same way up and down , he would hit me and say im sorry, couple more years goes by things get better , i get help for my battered emotions and he gets help for anger issues, we are still not married at this point only living together, as thing seem to be getting better we soon married bought a lovely home share adult kids and grandchildren living what seems to be a happy life, Now today i face the same anger fom my husband , do any of you moms relate to me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• My hub was an ass too. In the beginning he was slightly on the crazy side but nothing too serious. Then he started being abusive. He didn't go to counceling ever but he did however stop after I had our son. Since then, he hasn't laid one hand on me in anger. Through the time he was being an ass he was also a SEVERE drunk, he'd drink a half gallon of gin every single day. He was a drug addict before that and replaced his use of drugs with drinking. NOW he's freaking awesome and I'm happy that I decided to stick by him but this is not something I would tell anyone else to do. I'm not going to be the one to tell you to get out of the relationship either. I told someone else this earlier and I think it's going to be my new motto, decide what you can and will not live with. After that then proceed accordingly. Good luck to you babe!
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 9:54 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Ok let's see if I understand. You divorced him but lived with him and all was going well so you remarried him. Now you bought a home and the former anger issues have risen again? It sort of shows that you are used to his treatment of you and you just stay. I don't think you are your breaking point after being out of it then choosing to not only stay with him but to remarry him. Divorce him again and see if he behaves again. Why would you remarry a guy who abuses you. You are old enough to know they don't stop.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Sep. 4, 2009