at what age do most....

at what age do most babies learn to roll from back to tummy and then back over to there back?.....my son can roll to his bellie but thats it hes almost 7months....also he dont really laugh when is that supposed to happen?.....and he cant sit at all he just falls.....is he having develop delays???? should i bring this up at his doc appt or im a just worrying???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hello...

1st you always have to tell the doc EVERYTHING! don't leave anything out. Maybe you shouldn't wait until his next appt... make a sooner appt. It does sound like he may be delayed which is fine since all babies develop at different speeds. But if he isn't smiling or laughin... there may be something else.. really don't mean to scare you but just to be safe.. make an appt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• he smiles i never said he didnt smile he kinda laughs but nothing like my other son did......he will give like a lil laugh and then stop......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• and he goes to the doc in a couple days so i think i can wait till tuesday.....he stands very good on his legs while we are holding him i think hes just going to progress a lil slower then his bro did
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• hi, mine is 4m and has been rolling over. this is baby #2, so it's what i consider normal.

my first baby rarely smiled, my second one does all the time.

what you are saying seems to be slow. just my non medical mommy opinion
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 10:07 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• so ur child rolls from back to tummy and then back on his back??......at 4 months???? my first son didnt do that......my son smiles he just dont really laugh
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• my baby at 9months is just starting the whole rolling over thing. But he will stand with support. about 4months a baby should be able to roll from tummy to back and about 6month they should be able to roll from back to tummy. If they cannot they would be considered to have gross motor developmental delays. If the baby can sit by itself, then it just that the baby either does not want to roll over or does not understand how, if he cannot sit by itself the muscles used for rolling are weak. If you talk to the doctor you can get a good physical therapist. They can help teach a child to roll and sit and stand and crawl at the right times. My son has one and a month ago he would not roll at all and now he is almost rolling both ways.
    As for laughing, it could just be the babies personality. Some babies just do not see things as funny as others.
    catgil85

Answer by catgil85 at 10:25 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Every baby is different, and what you are describing is not something I would worry about if this were my child.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:29 PM on Sep. 4, 2009