how do you know for sure if there is a god???

how do you know for sure that there is a God out there.That the bible is not just some book people over the years?How do know what do believe and what not to believe?How do you know for sure that living here on earth is not all there is?How do you know for sure that when you die you will go to heaven or hell?or if heaven and hell exist?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't get this either. There is no way to know for sure, but some people have faith and that's what pulls them through all of their questions or uncertanties.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 9:57 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Faith is not about "knowing for sure". It is about trusting what your heart tells you. God or any other form of spirituality is not something you "know" with your brain, but rather, you're whole being; your soul.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:02 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• i know for sure there is a God just like an Atheist knows for sure there is no God or Heaven. we dont...but its what we believe & feel & thats what faith is about
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:10 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• you don't know if there is a God or not. You can theorize based on personal experiences, upbringing, society, etc. But you won't know until you die, if even then.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:10 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• i know, for myself, that there is God. until you know for yourself, or not, i can't tell you. for me, there is evidence all around me. for you...idk.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:14 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I know God exists he talks to me and me to Him. I have had many things happen in my life which point to Him such as my release from drugs it was not just a rehab and hope I stay clean it was a total deliverance of I don't think about it ever nor do I desire it. He told me about the birth of my last child before I even suspected I was pregant nor did I want to be. I could go on about the death of my first husband and the new life I have found with another and the various circumstances which surround it. God is real and does exist I know I talked with him this morning and hell is a real place. OK so you don't believe, but what do you have to lose? If God and hell are real you will spend eternity in hell. If I am wrong nothing will happen and I am none the worse off.

Peace, <>
    JoyceTN

Answer by JoyceTN at 10:25 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Faith, that's what it's all about.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 10:31 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I walk by faith myself.I know that what is written in the Bible are good words on how we all should live and anyone who doesn't believe in God and doesn't want to know him doesn't want to be good and who doesn't want to be accountable for their sinful life.When you try to believe you will have a good spirit in your heart.When I don't read my Bible I get to where I follow the sinful selfish nature-the Bible says when you have Jesus in your heart you will have the fruits of the spirit-love,joy,peace, patience,kindness,forgiveness,faithfulness,and self-control.It would be a much better world if everyone would have these traits in their heart.I was on my knees one night I was fed up with fighting with my daughter and these words all came to me ( and I believe they were from God) and I keep a card near me at all times with these words on them.I need them everyday and they are out of the Bible.
    shannon2206

Answer by shannon2206 at 10:35 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• How do I know? He talks with me, He walks with me. He loves me and I love Him. He is very real to me. We were created for worship. We were created to desire God and to want to do for Him because of all He did for us. It is just not everyone recgonizes this or they have chosen to reject it.
    Why do you think MUSIC is so prominant . Because Music is in Heaven, everything sings and worships Him. I know He is real because He set me free from sin and my old life. I did not do that on my own!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:32 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• how do i know? because i feel him .. I know he is there for me and he does so much for me and my family he has healed me and set me free from my sins that you Jesus .... I know there is a God because he made everything
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:51 PM on Sep. 4, 2009