Can I give my DS

sugar-free suckers to chaw (Yes, I said "CHAW") on since he's teething? He's right at 5mos.

matobe

Asked by matobe at 10:01 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Chaw? LOL, I like it. I'd make sure to watch him while he "chaws" it in case he chokes but other than that, why not.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 10:04 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• As long as your watching him the whole time I don't see why not.. just don't go anywhere, not even for a second. It doesn't take long for them to choke! A better option might be one of those teether toys. You can put them in the fridge instead of the freezer so that they aren't so hard and horribly cold. My daughter hated them out of the freezer but would chow them if they were put in the fridge.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 10:06 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Oh, I'd be there to hold it, lol.

Chaw is a word my dad always used referring to babies "gnawing" on something...

matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:06 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• And he's not big on the cold stuff in his mouth, but won't take his milk warm... weird, eh? LOL!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:09 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• No because they could break and he could choke on the pieces. Even with just gums it can happen. I'd stick to stuff that will mush in his mouth. Frozen bananas are good because they mush up as the child chaws on them.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 10:13 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• When my dd was in daycare I came to pick her up from class one day. She had something in her hand as she sat on the teachers lap. I said OMG what is that. The teacher said beef jerky its good for teething. I hate the stuff but my dd seemed to really like it and still does.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:31 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• treynlisa, would beef jerky be to seasoned?

And mummy, did you miss my comment that he doesn't like cold stuff except his milk?
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:34 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I dont think I would do the suckers personally but I have heard to give them a piece of untreated leather to chaw on. You can get a piece at a shoe repair shop, or a horse supply shop or places like that.
    KaireasMommy

Answer by KaireasMommy at 10:59 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• How about a teething toy? That IS what they're made for, you know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• gee, thanks anon, you're ever so helpful. I'm sure that if you'd come clean with who you REALLY are, I could be quite offended, as I'm not stupid. Just thought that it might ease his anger with the sweet instead of non-flavored toys he doesn't want...
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:45 AM on Sep. 5, 2009