superstitious... full moon...

just curious... anyone worried about going into labor during the full moon?

SarahDx2

Asked by SarahDx2 at 10:40 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my due date was the day of the new moon but I did not go into labor until about a week later, but I was thinking about it the whole pregnancy though!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 10:42 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I'm 38 weeks and I'd LOVE to go into labor during the full moon. lol My first child was born 4 weeks early on a full moon.
    _Momof3_

Answer by _Momof3_ at 10:55 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• My water broke at 5am the morning after a full moon. It was two days before my due date and all week I was telling my hubby the full moon was going to put me in labor and he laughed. Well that morning he said, "well I guess that full moon thing really does work." My daughter was born on thanksgiving day-the day after a full moon.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 11:03 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Native american lore encourages women to expose themselves to the moons energy...women in those cultures all had their menstrual cycles at the same time, during the full moon and that is a time of very strong intuitive feelings, heightened creativity & senses.. I have my cycle with each full moon...I couldn't think of a better time to bring a child into the world...I'd consider it a blessing~!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• With my first, the full moon was 11 days before and 8 days after my due date; I had him 6 days after the full moon. With my second, the full moon was 3 days before my due date; I had her 3 days after the full moon.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:40 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• By coincidence, my children were born at full moons, too.
    :-D

doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:56 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• And I've heard it was the new moon that was more influential. The maternity ward was full when I went into labor on a new moon!
    veggie_kitty

Answer by veggie_kitty at 12:01 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I hope the full moon works! I am 39 weeks tomorrow and ready to get her out. I've aready started dilating and am fully effaced. My Dr thinks I will go within the next week or so but I'd love it to happen tonight!
    spbeta

Answer by spbeta at 12:19 AM on Sep. 5, 2009