If you could have ANY career...what would it be?

If your not currently doing it...WHY NOT?

Are you working towards it or do you have plans to have that career one day?

I think people should be doing what would make them most happy instead of just thinking about the "what ifs."

If you could would you be a doctor, a teacher, a SAHM, a rocket scientist???

What's holding you back?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'd be an Equine Sonographer.

Money for school is what's holding me back! But I'll be there soon!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:45 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• i'd be a teacher, i still go see my 1st grade teacher 20 yrs later. don't know why she influenced me like the did, i don't remember much about the class but shes the only teacher i go back to visit each year, even when i lived 10 states away when i came to visit family and friends i went in to see her as well. am i doing it no, i'm starting school in the spring to do it though, i didn't get my financial aid applications in on time to start now. so in 4-6 years ( i plan on doing classes online around my kids' schedules) i'll hopefully be teaching a class of 1st graders. :)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:51 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• A hairstylist...I am a SAHM now because I feel like that is what im meant to do now but I can guarantee I will be in a salon when both kids are in school.
    KaireasMommy

Answer by KaireasMommy at 10:54 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I had trouble answering this question in college lol, Right now I am doing what i want and that is being a SAHM, next year when my youngest goes to first grade i plan to go back to school, I have decided to study art, The one thing that always comes back to me is that I want to own my own business, I have worked in office for other people going to meetings wearing a suit and HATED it, I want something creative that shows a deeper side to me something that i can be proud of and that makes me happy. Creativity does it for me so I am going back getting my art degree and hope to open my own store or teach art at a art center or gallery. Who knows maybe Ill even find my way back to music and dance and work that in somehow as well.

Right now money and crazy schedules are holding me back.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 10:55 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I am a Pediatric Intensive Care nurse. It is the most rewarding and challenging career I could ever imagine having. To be a part of saving a child's life is the most remarkable things. I can't even put words on it.

I love being a nurse and currently am in school so that I can further my career to become a nurse executive. I love taking care of patients but I want to be at the top so I can make sure all patients receive exceptional care.
    ajw1980

Answer by ajw1980 at 10:56 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• You know I shouldnt say holding me back because i could go if i wanted. I just prefer to wait (money still an issue lol) till it is something that wont interfer with my children and they are in school all day then I will have pleanty of time to take full time classes.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 10:57 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• a RN.. perfer working with children. why am I not doing it. I am afraid to go back I am a show and learn girl, not a book girl..
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 11:04 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Well, I want to be a FORENSIC SCIENTIST. I am working towards it as we speak. :) I have been out of h.s. for 8 years now. I didn't know how important it was to go back to school. Neither of my "parents" or sister told me anything about it. I like to think I'm a little more intelligent than them, because I figured it out before they did!
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 11:11 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be a storm chaser. I've wanted to do that since I was a little girl. However, it isn't a sensible career for a woman with 3 children. I grew up without a parent and I do not want my kids to go through that. The storm chasing profession is just too dangerous. I'm currently in school studying to be a teacher. (Majoring in Early Childcare Education, hoping to teach 1st or 2nd graders.)
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 11:28 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• well i lived my dream and am now retired. i taught hair after running my own salon for a decade. I am now 85K words into a novel that I am writing.
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 11:36 PM on Sep. 4, 2009