If the babys heart beat is low does that mean it is a boy?

Lindz0307

Asked by Lindz0307 at 10:47 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no, but if it has a penis, that means it's a boy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• thats the old wives tale, and thats the way it worked out for my kids, my daughter was always high and my son was always low.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:49 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• My son's was really high and I'm pregnant with a girl and her's is really low.
    militarywife976

Answer by militarywife976 at 10:52 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• My sons heartbeat wasn't low. I don't know if that means anything but I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in anyways, :)
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 10:52 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• No it was opposite for me my sons was high my daughters low. Also my sil was preg with boy and the heart beat was high.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 10:53 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• hhhhmmmm i dont know....i mean i had an ultrasound last month and they said that it looked like a boy but wasnt a 100% for sure. But my daughters heart beat was high and this babys heart beat was high until the ultrasound that i had yesterday. it was between 135 and 140 and the dr said it sounded great. So i dont know.
    Lindz0307

Answer by Lindz0307 at 10:56 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• what is the heart beat rate?
    2.tyme.mom-2-be

Answer by 2.tyme.mom-2-be at 11:08 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I am having boy/girl twins, the boys heart rate was higher when I had my ultrasound done. The Tech said I guess he just blew that myth out of the water.
    marilyp

Answer by marilyp at 11:13 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• yea its just an old wives tale...it just depends on how much room baby has in there...if baby has a lot of room then its heartbeat is gonna be high because it can move around more...if the heartbeat is low than it probably cant move around as much as it did...my daughters hb was high at the begining of my pregnancy then towards the end it was slow...
    MoMMy2aDiVA08

Answer by MoMMy2aDiVA08 at 11:41 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• It's supposed to, but there's no scientific merit. My son's heart rate was high, consistently close to 160.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:43 PM on Sep. 4, 2009