Birdseye Flatfold. Birdseye Prefold. Gauze Flatfold Cloth Diapers?

Whats the differance, whats the easiest, whats the best?

PrincessSmasher

Asked by PrincessSmasher at 11:15 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• huggies pure natural diapers ;) No actually walmart sells reuseable diapers that are all in one similair to a disposable diaper adn will grow with your baby they are pricey but when I was debating cloth or dispoeable they were the ones I would have chosen but we opted for disposeable instead Huggies is the first company in my area take a green initiative to their diapers and I dont mind paying a little extra to use a more environmentally friendly product but yeah check out walmart.com they have the all in one cloth diapers they also have inserts for overnights
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 11:26 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• You don't want birdseye it is not very absorbent you want to use
    Chinese Prefolds or Indian Prefolds

abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 11:55 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Birdseye flatfold is just a large, thin square of fabric. You have to fold it a certain way, and then pin it, or use a Snappi, and use a diaper cover. Birdseye prefold is rectangular thin fabric, which has a few layers sewn into the middle for better absorbency, then you fold and pin, and cover. Gauze flatfold I would imagine to be same as the Birdseye, just with gauze as the fabric used. There are a few more CD options, if you are interested.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:55 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 11:58 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I used the flat fold and pre-folded. I liked both. If I remember correctly, the flat fold is thinner when you fold it up and use it on a newborn. When they are older and you have to double-up the diapers for night-time sleeping, the pre-folded diapers have the extra padding in the middle. I inserted a washcloth for extra absorbency. When my baby was potty-trained, the flat fold diapers make wonderful towels. They clean windows like you wouldn't believe and leave no lint on the glass.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 12:34 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• come join the Cuties With Cloth Booties group and learn all you need to know about cloth diapering!
    6under1roof

Answer by 6under1roof at 3:51 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• and when it comes down to those three choices, birdseye prefolds are best
    6under1roof

Answer by 6under1roof at 3:53 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Well I've used all of those and they're pretty crappy. I would strongly suggest looking into different types of cloth diapers like pockets and all in ones. My favorite brand is Fuzzi Bunz.

Also, if you're set on prefolds look into Indian Prefolds. They are SO much better than Birdseye but won't break the bank either. Birdseye has always leaked like crazy for me and wasn't really even a good burp cloth.
    RissaBusch

Answer by RissaBusch at 8:22 AM on Sep. 5, 2009