My kids are driving me nuts. Is it too long of a summer or me?

I have a 8 year old and 5 year old girl and 4 year old boy. I am with them most of the time alone as my hubby is a truck driver. My patience seems to be getting shorter every day. They always have stuff out and pick on each other too much. We have set chores that they are pretty good about doing. But its the little things I feel like a broken record. Is the summer too long or am I just letting the little things bother me? I want to enjoy them more and think of the mess less.
Help!

anjela525

Asked by anjela525 at 11:26 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I think the summer just gets too long.... I have an 8 and 7 year old, they fight constantly... I think kids need something to break up their day. And I can't always give them that.
    Thankfully school will be starting soon, I feel bad to say that but man I'm ready for them to go back...
    janeenee

Answer by janeenee at 11:34 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• a week into summer holidays and mine were driving me up the wall.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:54 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• My daughter just turned 18 and attends college I long for the days when she drove me nuts. Forget the mess it will always be there they won't. I have two boys 10 & 12 which I homeschool when they start fighting I separate them and they go to different parts of the house away from one another. Time goes so fast enjoy the gifts you have been given even the bad stuff. My husband also drove a truck so I know what you are going through it will be OK. Another option would be to see if one of them can go and visit a friend for a couple of hours or one come over. Sometimes just a change can help. Peace, <>
    JoyceTN

Answer by JoyceTN at 2:45 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Okay,it's official,am I the only one ,who wish their kids and grandkids can stay home all the time, I'm going crazy because my 14 yrs. old DD and grandchildren are going back to school,my DH and I was just saying summer is too short, I really enjoy the kids being with me.

lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 10:13 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• JoyceTN I have a daughter that just turned 18 and just went away too college and I am happy to have the break! Your daughter must not have been that bad if you miss the days she drove you nuts, lol, I'm liking the fact that I can go to the dorm too see my daughter and not have her troubles around and inconsiderate ways. Summer has been much calmer with my other 3 kids since she left.

but yeah in general all kids that are not in school by this time are quite annoying. I Have a 16 yr old that uses 6 to 8 cups a day for LITTLE drinks and her laundry never gets down and thinks the world is about her. My oldest lives at home because she is autistic and I have a 4 yr old that talks non stop and interupps and doesn't listen and he comes with a dad that undermines me and my rules.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Sep. 5, 2009