Does anybody know where I can find extra wide shoes for boys in a size one? I use to buy them at striderite. Also at Norsdstroms, but now they only carry them online. They also tend to be on the expensive side. $50.00 + And most of them tend to be ugly. Oh well I cant afford to be picky.

beaniesmommy04

Asked by beaniesmommy04 at 11:42 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• I've never had any real success with Payless and my children's feet and honestly for me shoes is something I will spend extra money on especially at these young ages b/c its when their feet are forming and they will be standing on them for the rest of their lives.
    That said ... see if there any CHILDRENS SHOE STORES in your area, they are pricey but a good one will measure your child's foot and assure that the shoes are appropiate in all THREE dimensions (both my children have wide feet AND my dd has a high instep too)
    Also I've had pretty good success with SKetchers (both for myself and my children). Check if there's a sketchers outlet in your area.
    The only shoes I will buy at Payless are the black dress up and "chanclas" for my son and the white sandles for my dd (nothing else fits her and the 1x I bought everyday shoes for my son a WEEK later when he tried on other shoes he revealed that the Pyls. ones were pinching.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 12:45 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Really? I got extra wide from stride rite for only $25.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:44 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Do they not carry them at Stride Rite anymore? I got a pair there 2 or 3 months ago for DS for I think $35-$40. I have not seen them anywhere else (but I haven't looked, either).
    Bensmommy611

Answer by Bensmommy611 at 11:55 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Payless Shoes does carry some wide shoes. They are usually marked with "W" on the box. My son has wide and chubby feet... I feel your pain. So far Stride Rite has been my best bet. I'm sure you could find something anywhere, just ask the salesperson.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 12:27 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I have tried stride rite. I went there this week. Nothing in the size I needed. I have gotten shoes there in the past. Maybe it's the area I live in the Seattle puget sound area.
    beaniesmommy04

Answer by beaniesmommy04 at 1:53 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• will they special order your size if a request is put in. or what about ordering them online to be picked up at the store? Maybe this is and option. but i get the kids shoes at Payless and Walmart. mostly payless. an my kid used to wear wides now his feet are more proportioned and big!
    RoseWall

Answer by RoseWall at 8:09 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Try Payless, they have wide widths, that is where I got my sons. Also, if you have a NIke Outlet store, try there...the shoes are inexpensive and they usually have wide widths. Skip Walmart, kids need quality shoes with a lot of support and Walmart type stores just don't have that.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:28 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Maybe I should clarify the size is actually extra wide not just wide. Regular width shoes are to narrow. Thats why I need extra wide. Thank you all. I really appreciate your input.
    beaniesmommy04

Answer by beaniesmommy04 at 4:28 AM on Sep. 6, 2009