When do you think

Is the best time to have another baby? I have an eight month old daughter and I'm starting to want another one. But not right now.. I know its too early. Plus I'm scared to go though labor again. I was just curious as to how long I should wait.

Poopie08

Asked by Poopie08 at 11:55 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• That's different for everyone. When my oldest was 8 months old I was already 8 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child and when he was 8 months old I was already 4 months pregnant with my 3rd. They are 15 months and 13 months apart (now 9, almost 8 and almost 7). Anything more then 2 years difference seems really far apart to me (my youngest is 3 1/2 years younger then #3). I really hated it when the youngest was born. The older kids were 3 1/2, 4 1/2 and almost 6 and it just sucked so much although it was nice that the older kids could help more (they even tried changing diapers which was hilarious). Now that the youngest is 3 things are a snap for the most part. I have super independent and self-reliant kids, though. They pretty much take care of themselves now. Even my 3yo will make her own sandwiches and cleans up after herself.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:08 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• mine is 3 and im still enjoying him im a true believer that all kids need their special time with their parents,if you ask me i would wait to see how your kids does around 2 years,mine was really crazy i would have died if i would have had a new born and him.i wanna wait till he is about 41/2 just so when a new baby is home he has a few hour of preschool where he can have lots of fun and play while i enjoy my new one and give it top quality time like i did him.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 11:58 PM on Sep. 4, 2009