If you have unprotected sex a few days before your period is suppose to start and your period does start could you still be prego?

My husband and I really got into it and OOPS!!! It wouldn't be the end of the world but we just can't afford another child right now. My period is due any day now but since the pregnancy would be really early I wasn't sure if I would still have my period or not. Thanks for the help!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• poople88's right. Pregnancy can occur during period if you're ovulating. And there aren't always signs of ovulation. I've told my kids who are teens and older to have sex only if they have money to raise a baby cause about 9 months after having sex is a definite way to tell if a baby is the result!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 12:10 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• It is a possibility. I've done that with my hubby and I'm on birth control as well.. And I didn't get pregnant, though I did start a few days late. But every ones body is different. If you are worried about it, I would get a pregnancy test.
    Poopie08

Answer by Poopie08 at 12:04 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• unprotected sex a few days before your period is suppose to start and your period does start I seriously doubt you are pregnant.

marilyp

Answer by marilyp at 12:07 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• you know i've thought this too, butttt your period is just flushing out the egg and i doubt you ovulated twice so far from each other (but it can happen, it usually happens within 24 hours from each other but there is no law saying it'll be over 24 hours)
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:08 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• ...sorry no law saying it cant be over 24 hours
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:09 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• yes, my friend had her period the first 3 months she was pregnant.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 12:15 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Possibly. It is possible to have short, spotty periods and still be pregnant. Keep track of the length and flow of your period. However, right before your period starts is your least fertile time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Sep. 5, 2009