Don't you agree the secret of life is happiness? (yes a spin off of another question so what ;])

I saw a lot of posts on that one post asking if you felt sorry for 'SAHM's who dont know better' and there were a lot of viewpoints that i thought were interesting, but i feel that whatever makes you happy you need to do! if working makes you happy, do it, if staying at home makes you happy then do that! i think a happy mother will raise happy and healthy children!

dont you ladies agree? and for the record, no i dont feel sorry for you if it makes you complete ;]

pookipoo

Asked by pookipoo at 12:03 AM on Sep. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• "Sorry legalmommy was the post offensive, because you said 'for the sake of the topic I'll agree with you' sorry if anyone takes offense I was just trying to find a common ground!"

No, not at all. Don't be sorry. I just know the drama that surrounds this kind of topic. Since I have been both a sahm and a working mom, I can see both sides. The attacking of both sides is really getting old. I will say that it seems to be the sahms that do the majority of the attacking. I've been on cm for years and I know that there is a very large group of sahms that feel superior to working mothers. They will bash working mothers in every decision they make. People need to learn acceptance on both sides.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 12:30 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• no i think the secret to happiness is to be content and to have God, just cause your sahm doesnt mean you will be better than a working mom because if your mean to your kids all the time then just go to work.growing up i had both sahm and a working mom and my mom was awsome either way.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 12:08 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• i think i'd rather be happy than content! but yes i agree its not better for your kids if youre a SAHM and mean to them all day!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:10 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• For the sake of this topic, I'll agree with you Op. I think both sides need to be very careful about how they word things. Saying that women that work are feminist trying to prove a point or that they are having someone else "raise" their children is extremely offensive. The same goes for the Op of that post that felt sorry for young sahms. I say do what makes you happy and what makes you feel complete.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 12:12 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• yep i dont know content to me is yep i got pudding on my hands and face but my son hasnt stopped lauging happy to me is i wanna look pretty all the time and shut up kids cause mom is getting ready lol.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 12:14 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• go legal mom im actually a sahm and i dont bash on any one for what they have to do,but i do hate it when poeple think im waisting time instead of making money over spending time with my little one,everyone is different and that is ok.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 12:17 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Sorry busy, when I think 'content' I think 'im not happy but I'm not upset either... I'm okay' but everyone has their own connotations to words :]

Sorry legalmommy was the post offensive, because you said 'for the sake of the topic I'll agree with you' sorry if anyone takes offense I was just trying to find a common ground!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:23 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• And for the record, I would keep pudding on my face too if it made my son laugh :p
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:25 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Wow legal mommy I fear you're right! Only 2 people replied to this post and I'm sure tons read it! That makes me sad for humanity, that people think it's their way or the highway!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 1:11 AM on Sep. 5, 2009