Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Restraining Order

I am really scared that my daugher's father is going to try and do something crazy to me. I honestly wouldn't put it past him to kill me. I've never really been this scared, but i'm sitting here now so afraid that something is going to happen that I can literally feel in it my heart. How can I get a restraining order? What exactly do I need?


Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • you need to go to the court and ask for a restraining fill it out then wait for a judge to sign it...then you have a short term protection order..that will last for 20 days if you asked for a long term protection order then they will set a court date and you go in and present your case to the judge and your daughters father will be there and say his side...then if the judge sees that you are truely in fear of your life then he will grant a restaining order for a year. Good luck. I know this by the way because just this year I got a restraining order on my ex.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

  • call the police right away. Tell frieinds and neighbors, relatives to watch out for you. Take care and prayers!!!

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

  • call a local womens shelter or national domestic violence hotline and ask for help. if he comes around call 911. 1−800−799−SAFE (7233) Thats the national domestic violence hotline. Call now. Dont wait til its too late.

    Answer by rlewis at 12:14 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

  • Has he threatened to harm or kill you? You can't get a restraining order without some sort of real threat. If so, go straight to your police department and talk to the commissioner. He can issue you a temporary restraining order.


    Answer by legalmommy101 at 12:16 AM on Sep. 5, 2009