Why didn't the "liberal" media report this?

I have personally never been to Seattle, Washington, but I am reliably informed that it is a major American city that enjoys many of the technological amenities of modern life, including news organizations with real live reporters and cameras and internet access and even a major newspaper called the Seattle Times.
So, there's really no reason why the media couldn't have reported on the fact that yesterday, 3,000 people attended a rally for health care reform in Westlake Park. According to one person who was there, though, no one could be bothered:

I've no idea where I was yesterday afternoon, but it couldn't possibly have been at an energetic, 3000-person strong pro-healthcare reform rally in Westlake Park, because I couldn't find even the tiniest mention of it in this morning's Seattle Times, so apparently, it never happened. And I have absolutely no idea where all those photos and videos on my camera came from.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouYXq5tSXb0&feature=player_embedded
    Why?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• That is not newsworthy by the "liberal" Murdoch owned news.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• because most likely you were not insulting disabled people and were fairly peaceful, I know scary huh?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Old hat, this is normal.

If they do report it they undermine the numbers.
    HollyLucination

Answer by HollyLucination at 2:19 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• News isn't considered 'news' anymore, unless it has to do with death, bloodshed, destruction, sex, celebrities, people making asses of themselves, or anything that can cause divisiveness or tension (bonus if it's racial). If this gathering was peaceful and calm, then it wouldn't further the agenda of any propaganda...um, I mean, NEWS organization.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Seattle has all the mod cons, but it is also stuffed with a preponderance of young, liberal, upscale yuppies, who will adoringly lap at the socialist koolaide and obey the voice behind the curtain. They also have 3/4ths of the population of the state over on the coastal side of the mountains and the conservatives on the sparsely populated, agricultural, conservative, dry (as in desert) eastern side of the state have no clout.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Seattle's news has suffered since the other paper in town folded. I also don't see anything on the KIRO or KING websites.

That was a BIG thing to miss....but it's possible it was ignored because of who organized it. I have seen that happen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Maybe because your neighbor, Oregan took over the news for the day. Refusing cancer treatments while saying they will pay for assisted suicide. Thats pretty newsworthy.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:13 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Well, the media tried to brush off the tea parties too. Peaceful protests don't make the news, regardless of party.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:45 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Sep. 5, 2009