Does anyone know about HPV?

I have only slept with my ex...but hes been sleeping around and i just got an unnormal pap back and they said i have high risk hpv.... the kind that leads to cervical cancer. does anyone know anything about this? im kinda worried about it. they took samples to send to the lab to find out if its precancer or actual cancer. guess it will be nice to know that im not alone in this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Health

• been there. had a LEEP done and haven't had an abnormal pap since, it was about 6 or 7 yrs ago now. its not as scary as it sounds.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:44 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• HPV is commonly known as warts. I just got a call back from my dr. today and I had a abnormal pap, but I tested neg for HPV I had a leep done 4 years ago it was from pre-cancer cells I go to the dr wed to find out what kind of abnormal cells i have hopefully it is just inflamorty cells and not the cancer cells. Good luck, i hope you dont have warts, also know you can have them even without a outbreak.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 12:47 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• i got hpv from one of my exs but i didnt show up intill after i had my dd the way my dr explained it to me its a std that can go dormant and show up occationaly and certain strains just go away like ur body heals itself...i had just one abnormal paps after my dd and tested pos for hpv but that was the only time everyone after has been normal
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 1:02 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I am with the previous poster. I had several abnormal paps. Then, my body seemed to clean itself up. I have had normal paps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Sep. 5, 2009