What happens when your 3 year old enters the room finding mommy and daddy going at it?

My 3 year old entered the room several times while me and my husband having sex. I just want to know how to handle it when that happens. I also would like to know what kind of reactions that she go through when she sees that. I noticed she gets really happy and surprised. How do I handle such a situation .Appericate ur feedback. = )

BuzyMamma

Asked by BuzyMamma at 12:49 AM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• kind of upsets me..... im sorry that some people are so judgemental.... i understand ur looking for advise... not judgement. if you didnt care you wouldnt be asking for advise at all! .....she will be fine. she doesnt understand whats goingon... as she gets older take more precautions to prevent the curiosity factor from playing in too much. but no damage has been done.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• It should only happen once if that. Multiple times....really?!?!?! You can't wait until she's asleep or put a lock on the damn door???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Excuse me I meant to say several not multiple. Don't want to out words in your mouth.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• lol mine would think we are wrestling or playing lol he walked in on us before and totally killed it.... tried to climb on daddys back... lol like piggy back ride. no damage done. we of course stopped and gave him the attention he wanted lol but it was akward.he was supposed to be taking his nap! :/ lol oh well!! ......i dont think it does any damage.... not at this age.... her walking in isnt a regular thing so it should be fine. :)
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 12:54 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• her walking in isnt a regular thing so it should be fine. :)

She stated SEVERAL times. So no it's not fine IMO......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• It's happened to us lol I think it has happened to all parents at some point. I have had a child get out of bed in the middle of the night and come to our room and open the door. we immediately focused on our child and their needs and kept ourselves covered then took turns putting robes or pjs back on while getting our child back to sleep.

Leave your hall light on and make sure your door is closed you can leave it so that it can be pushed open so your lil one can open it easily youll know when they walk in. If your child asks say you were tickling each other or wrestling but more than likely your child is truly unaware of what was happening and wont ask anything. Dont worry you have done any damage :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:59 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• put a lock on your door. can't believe u let this happen more than once, hell more than 2x! And that you think it could happen again. that is why you lock the door durring sex
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Wow! Once is enough but several. Gosh you really need to think of another way. Put a lock on the door or something. Geez!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Honeslty OP I have a lock on my door but rarely use it, to me its not safe if I hear my child and need to leave the room quickly, we also had a house fire so I really prefer a quick exit route JMO.

Anon 01 what do you mean "let" I dont see how she "let" it happen. it's normal, kids get up in the middle of the night, they sleep walk, they have to pee, they need a drink, they wet the bed, they get sick, they get scared. there is no way to make sure your child wont wake up and inturrupt you, unless your just not having sex and therefore you never get caught.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:07 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I find it OK, and as you say it was SEVERAL times. Not like it was your teenager, then you have some explainin' to do!

I would say you and Daddy were exercizing, stretching or something. My parents I know had told me that as a child, as they were under covers when I just walked in.

After that they locked their bedroom door, which if your child is standing outside the door and not screaming, all should be OK for you both to compose yourself, open the door and give your child your attention and resume positions later! LOL

My parents did that, and as I said after started to lock their door during their afternoon delight. Always told us to knock on the door loudly if it was locked and we needed them.

No harm done. It's the joys of parenthood and at times, those days of trying to be discreet and spontaneous are few and far between!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Sep. 5, 2009