My son is 5 months and prefers sleeping on his stomach at night? should i still be worried at this age?

krissy03

Asked by krissy03 at 12:56 AM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If he can lift hid head and roll from front to back then it's no problem for him to sleep on him tummy.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 12:58 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• lay him down on his back still, if he rolls over onto his tummy than don't worry about it.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:58 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Have you tried laying him on his side with a sleep positioner? That's how both my boys slept and it seemed to work better than on the back.
    vanessabrown

Answer by vanessabrown at 1:04 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• yes he can roll from tummy to back and back to tummy on his own. i have tried to roll him over but he quickly rolls back.i lay him down on his back, but by morning hes on his tummy.ive heard its fine once he can do that, and it seems so have yall. good to hear! thanks mommys!
    krissy03

Answer by krissy03 at 1:04 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• We put DS to sleep on his tummy then flip him to his back before we go to bed (about an hr later). At that point he doesn't usually roll back to his tummy because he's fast asleep.
    Nesa_Z

Answer by Nesa_Z at 9:48 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• my middle dd had to sleep on her belly - she had bad reflux and would choke and wake up all night if we didn't

get rid of the extra stuff in the crib and he'll be fine
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:44 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Both my babies were tummy sleepers from the beginning. They would never go to sleep on their backs. It's unnatural position. You just have to be careful about all the covers and such in there. Once the baby can roll over, they will sleep how they are most comfortable anyway.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 2:50 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• My son is 5 1/2 months old and he does the exact same thing. I tried flipping him to his back so many times when I first started doing it, but he always went straight back to his belly. Finally I realized there really wasn't much I could do about it. I always just make sure the cover isn't close to his face and leave him be, I guess that is just how he is comfortable.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 8:55 PM on Sep. 5, 2009