Maybe???

I am 37 weeks and 3 days. For the last hour or so I have been having a dull backache and cramps. I don't really feel any contractions though; should I still pay attention to them? This is my 4th child and my first 3 were born at 38 weeks.

ttcgirl110

Asked by ttcgirl110 at 1:09 AM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• just time it if it comes and goes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• It's likely just normal late pregnancy stuff. Your body is preparing. It can be frustrating especially if it goes off and on for days or even weeks. I'd go try and get some rest. If it goes away then you know it wasn't labor. If it doesn't go away then you'll have needed that rest anyways. Good luck!
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 1:38 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I'm no expert, but I say time them. I had my first at 38 weeks. I think you'll just "know." If no contractions yet, be alert...seems like they may be coming any time from what you described. Good luck!!
    Heidi70

Answer by Heidi70 at 1:38 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I have to say, my first child, I didn't have contractions but I had the backache that you're describing. 38 hours hours later, he was here @ 36 weeks. Good luck!
    spababy120

Answer by spababy120 at 3:34 PM on Sep. 5, 2009