why should you not eat spicy foods while breastfeeding or cucumbers??

ive never heard of this before.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Could cause gas. (for the baby I mean, not just you)
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 1:49 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Eat and drink however you want...UNLESS the baby reacts. Restrictions are intended to keep babies from having tummy problems...but many babies don't care what you eat.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:11 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• i have never heard of not eating cucumbers when breastfeeding....
    6under1roof

Answer by 6under1roof at 3:41 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Anything that gives you heartburn or indigestion will be passed through your milk to the baby. I would never want an infant to experience the heartburn I have sometimes
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 8:23 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Cucumbers are a gassy food and that effect can pass to baby. A baby with gas is NOT a happy baby as I'm sure everyone here knows. But like others here have said, you can try anything you want and if baby doesn't react in the 12 hrs after you ate and fed him then you should be fine to continue eating whatever.
    Nesa_Z

Answer by Nesa_Z at 9:47 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• So long as your baby is okay, you can eat whatever you want. I ate spicy food, cucumbers, peanut butter, pretty much whatever I wanted. My baby is now a very healthy 16 month old :)
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 11:33 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Eat what you like. If you notice baby acting differently after a certain food, don't eat it. Wait a week or two, eat it again, and see if you notice the same problem. There are no hard and fast rules as to what to eat/not to eat.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:35 PM on Sep. 5, 2009