is back pain that covers my WHOLE right side and swolleness under my right breast, normal?

i have had this pain in my back since june and it was just in my right lower back, the doc said it was a possible kidney stone....so she gave me a week to pass it and i didnt pass a stone! sometime passes and we gave up on the idea that it was a stone. eventually the pain has spread up the whole entire right side of my back, almost to my armpit. now the pain is also going under my right breast (like in the bra line) and its like swollen and painful! i mention it at every appt but the last couple of appts i have had have been with mid wives who cant subscribe the meds my doc was...i feel like im not being taken seriously, or maybe im just overly worried! PLEASE HELP!

danette624

Asked by danette624 at 1:55 AM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Ok I had this happen too and it ended up being my gallbladder. With the gallbladder (which is right under your right breast) often the pain with be misplaced. It started out as a sharp pain in what I thought was my lung. It took them literally three years to diagnose it and I was a total mess by the time they did. Have them do an ultrasound for gallstones. Its very possible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:50 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• have you gotten a mammogram?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• maybe you should see a regular doc, not an OB so you can get a referral
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 1:59 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Maybe you need more time to pass it?? Are you drinking enough water? I saw this:   
    "When large kidney stones develop, they're accompanied by extreme pain. Some people equate the level of pain to being worse than childbirth or heart attacks. The pain generally starts just below your ribs on your back, and travels around the side into the pelvis and groin area."

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:05 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• "As you can probably tell, having kidney stones while pregnant can be a horrible experience that lasts for months. You might be able to help prevent the formation of kidney stones while you're pregnant by drinking plenty of extra water, and avoiding high oxalate foods such as nuts, dark leafy green vegetables, berries and chocolate.

Drinking pure lemon juice freshly squeezed or from concentrate has been known to help dissolve kidney stones too. Keep in mind that pre-made lemonade drinks might not do the job though. You need to use actual lemon juice, about 2 ounces or half a lemon, every day to help prevent the stones from forming. You can add the lemon juice to your tea or water each morning too. If you have stones already, try drinking the lemon juice about once each hour until the pain is gone."

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:06 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• my next appointment is this wednesday...so i will talk to her about all this stuff! thanks sooo much! hopefully i can find out whats wrong!

thanks again!
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 4:06 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• i went to my doc and she said the pain under my right breast could be my liver or gallbladder..so she sent me to the hosp for an ultrasound, apprently the gallbladder was not as big a deal as how enlarged my right kidney has gotten! that explains the severe back pain...so as for the pain under my right breast, still not sure, but my kidney is being looked more into! thanks for the help ladies!
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 2:05 AM on Sep. 14, 2009