Can a pregnancy test come out positive then negative?

I got a faint line 2 days ago and then this morning, it was so faint I didn't even see it ( my husband said there was something there, but, you really gotta look for it -- may be the testing strip and not an actual result) so, we're thinking when we saw the faint line a couple of days ago, that it must still be hormones left from my previous pregnancy that was almost 3 months ago?! So, I wonder...my hubby says to wait until our baby turns 3 months old, which is less than 2 weeks from now until I test again so I don't waste money. At first we were convinced I was pregnant, now, not so much...so as I'm waiting...I'm just curious what you think? Has anyone ever got a positive then a negative result and still be pregnant or not pregnant at all? What's up with that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if you let it sit too long the results may change
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 2:10 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• the first test after the "2 minute" time said positive, the line was definitely there, but faint.
    the second test after 2 minutes didn't show a line (I couldn't see it anyway, wasn't prominent enough like the first time)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Get a blood test from your local health department, or your ob if you have good insurance. You could be facing an ectopic pregnancy or something. It's best to know early. Also, take folic acid if you aren't already!
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 3:00 AM on Sep. 5, 2009