Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


Where is the best place to look for grants to go to beauty school! i want to get a liceans for hair,nails,and skin....It is around 17,000$ out here and i dont have the money for that! what are somethings that can help be? thank you

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Sep. 5, 2009 in

Answers (7)
  • I know Obama is encouraging moms to go to school and earn a degree. You could look into federal programs being offered that include this. I haven't had a student loan or grant for many years so I'm not so sure what's out there. I would Google federal grants, federal grants for mothers, and see what comes up.

    Answer by chocaholic888 at 2:49 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

  • You may want to look into state tuition assistance programs as well.

    Answer by chocaholic888 at 2:51 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

  • Contact the financial aid office at the school you want to attend, they will be able to tell you what is available and what you need to do to apply for financial aid. The ones that Obama is encouraging are for online school, I looked into it. Also, you need to find out if the schooling you are going for is accredited, if it is not, you won't be able to get assistance for tuition. Not all schools or programs are eligible for financial aid. Good luck!!!

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:53 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

  • Fast Web is a great source for scholarships:



    Answer by rkoloms at 12:41 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

  • Thank you everyone!! Umm another question my inlaws make alot of moeny so will they go off their money? My parents dont even work so they only have will any of that affect me?

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

  • your in-laws have absolutely nothing to do with the amount of financial aid you receive. and your parents income will only affect it if you are still considered to be dependent on them and if you have a child or are married, you will be deemed independent from them. find out if your school is accredited, and the second you file your taxes next year, file your financial aid forms at

    Answer by Wheepingchree at 10:49 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

  • You need to really fill out the FAFSA and see if you even need your parents. You may qualify as independent for federal aid.

    Answer by OneToughMami at 10:02 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.