The gays

Ok this gets me and I jsut want to hear other people's opinions. Gay are born that way, gay, they can't help that they are only attracted to the same sex. So the bible says that to lie with a man as with a woman is a sin. ONe does that make anal sex ok? lol okies sorry had to. But seriously... Being gay is an abomination unto the Lord. The bible says it so now I must think of certain things.

1. That God does not want these certain people going to heaven, so he makes them gay.

2. That the gays are suppsoed to fight being gay and go straight.

3. That gays were actually not born that way, and are choosing to be gay.

If you see more options please inform me and please explain why. But for the rest please give me some insight on this cause it bugs me. I know that gays don't procreate, BUT they can adopt the thousands of children that are in the care of the state just waiting for a loving family. So why God why?

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 2:37 AM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Why don't you ask him?

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 2:39 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Gays arent born gay sorry
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:41 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• No one else? I'm just getting sarcasm and one opinion. So not hatred here I am legitamatly looking for opinions.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 2:52 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• My God doesn't make mistakes, but people do. I was raise Catholic, my mother (Baptist) had converted for my father. he died and my mother remarried a Jewish man. Talk about a crazy mix of faiths. What I have learned is that no one is right and no one is wrong. You have to come to terms with your own God. You can lead with a gentle hand and love regardless of your interpretation of the Bible. We are faulty and judgemental. The true test is how we treat each other. Hate is from ignorance, meet people one on one. please dont lump everyone that is gay together. Some will be good people, some will be hateful. know in your heart you are good and living by your Gods rule. When you have the chance to share your faith, share it kindness.
    babyboyzz

Answer by babyboyzz at 2:52 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I highly recommend this for you OP:
    http://www.forthebibletellsmeso.org/indexb.htm
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• How was my response sarcasm?

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 3:02 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• God doesn't make mistakes...but WE misunderstand him DAILY.

Gays ARE born gay,. What kind of idiot would CHOOSE to be a member of a population that's reviled by so many?

Answer by gdiamante at 3:04 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• http://www.godhatesshrimp.com/

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Go to www.soulforce.org/article/homosexuality-bible-gay-christian
    It is written by Rev. Mel White who received his masters and doctoral degree at a conservative biblical seminary. He learned greek and hebrew to better understand the meanings of the words the bible was originally written in (which is where most of our interpretation problems come from, the fact that the ancient language has words that we don't have english words for). He gives alot of info on the history and times when passages were written and the outdated laws that are in the bible like "if the bride is not a virgin she is to be executed" or "if a man dies childless his wife must have sex with his brothers until she bears a male decenant". Also, during war men would sodomize other men to show their power over each other, it was in no way sexual but it was looked down on because of the violence, not because it was between 2 men. (Cont)
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 3:19 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• We hear alot of misinterpretations about men forcefully having sex with other men and how it is a sin. It is a sin b/c it is rape, it was their way of rubbing in their face that they were just defeated in war. And it ends up being interpreted that men having sex with men is wrong, but in reality its men forcing men to have sex with them is wrong.

And there is a quote in the article by Shakespeare "Even the devil can cite scripture for his purposes", people pull out of the bible things that suit their agendas. Just like we don't follow those crazy laws in the bible that says you are forbidden to divorce and if you do divorce you are forbidden to remarry. Or if you curse your parents you are to be executed.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 3:23 AM on Sep. 5, 2009