substitute teachers/aides

Is anyone a substitute aide? or teacher? I know school started this week, but i do the online subs,,where you can pick and choose,,,nothing this week,,Do you think its becaus eit is the beg of the year? Thnx....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 AM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

• its probably early yet...have you filled out a new application with your school board and been fingerprinted and such....they may require this before they can call you.....I know in my area of Florida all you need to sub teach is a high school diploma but you have to take a course and pass a parapro test to be an aide...so you may need to look into that.
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 3:22 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Yes, it's the beginning of the year. I sub - and it's always slow this time of year. Teachers are trying to get their classes under control and they're excited about school starting too. Wait a few months, it should pick up along with the flu. And then there will be conferences, vacations around Christmas, and then the teachers start to burn out and take their days in the spring.

Answer by missanc at 3:32 PM on Sep. 5, 2009