home cure for a tooth ach please help...

my dh woke up with a bad tooth ach. none of the over the counter stuff is working. anyone know a home cure??????my dh told me to tell you all please and thanks for the help

lovingmommie431

Asked by lovingmommie431 at 6:17 AM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Health

• go to a natural food store and look for something, Get him to a dentist!asap
    muffin400

Answer by muffin400 at 6:38 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Put some ground clove in a paper towel, wet it, and place it on the area that hurts. It helps deaden it,
    txmom-o-3

Answer by txmom-o-3 at 6:48 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• A little whiskey rubbed on the gum helps make the gum numb.

Answer by Bmat at 7:30 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• He needs to see a dentist, though, with pain that bad.

Answer by Bmat at 7:31 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• An at home remedy is not going to work for a tooth ache. Pain relievers only mask the pain will not touch what has caused the toothache.
    I've been a dental hygienist for more than 20 years. He needs to see a dentist to find out what has caused the toothache - probably an abscess. The longer an abscessed tooth goes untreated, the more likely the bacteria that has caused it will get into the blood stream.
    Not treating a tooth abscess properly is like using a bandage over a stab wound - the infection inside the body needs to be treated before the body wil heal.
    The ER may give him antibiotics and a pain reliever but they will only offer temporary relief.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 9:44 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Thyme or sage: Mix a teaspoon of thyme or sage in a cup of boiling water. Cover the cup for 10 minutes, so that the herb is infused into the water. Swivel this concoction around your mouth to cure toothache.
    Garlic: You could either use a cotton swab dipped in garlic juice or make a mouthwash with a crushed garlic clove, some water and vinegar to give you relief. Good luck and I hope he feels better. Try this solutions works really well.
    BuzyMamma

Answer by BuzyMamma at 12:04 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• As a former Dental Assistant I agree with PrttyMstng. He needs to see a dentist to figure out what is going on and to treat it.
    My sil had a bad toothache, she would not go to the dentist. Had she gone in at the 1st sign of pain she would have been able to save the tooth, and she would have spent alot less money. By not going to the dentist and trying to 'wait it out' she was in pain, her face swelled up, the infection spread and she got very sick. She ended up having the tooth pulled and spending alot more money.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I think your husband should call a dentist, and find out what is going on and what treatment options there are. Better to take care of it now before it turns into a worse problem/more pain.
    good luck
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 6:53 PM on Sep. 5, 2009