Anyone find it hard to even shower late in pregnancy?

Anyone else find it to be more of a chore? I use to LOVE feeling clean. Now, Especially if attempt to shave my legs (or anything else I can't reach - or see - anymore) I come out sweating - exausted - and almost in tears...
Is this just me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 AM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am sorry that you are feeling this way. (I'm not pregnant but wanted to respond anyway.) Maybe an electric shaver would let you reach better and not worry about being nicked. Or sit in the tub - your legs will be easier to reach than trying to lean over or bend down (although I think you aren't supposed to be taking baths, but you can sit in the empty tub- about the bath part check with your doctor.)

Answer by Bmat at 7:59 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I feel your pain! I Showers are definitely a chore for me as well, and baths are out of the question. If I were to be able to sit down in the tub I;d never be able to get back up. I am expecting twins in October. I dread taking showers yet I am very self conscious of body odor and unshaven legs. I sit on the couch with a towel on the floor and have my husband or daughter shave my legs from my ankle to my knees. I try to get the rest by myself in the shower or use a cordless shaver, which doesn't work well. Good luck, Thank God pregnancy doesn't last forever.

marilyp

Answer by marilyp at 8:44 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• If you think it's hard now, just wait till you have the baby! Showering definitely goes way down the list of priorities, starting in pregnancy because it's just so physically uncomfortable and exhausting. Then when the baby comes, it will be hard to find time, especially when all you want to do is sleep. But it gets better; if you're that uncomfortable, I'm guessing you don't have long to go, and then you can savor the feeling of having at least full range of motion again. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:48 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Nope it is not just you. I couldn't even shave my legs then, my husband did it for me. Stepping into the shower at 42 pregnant SUCKED because I had soo much groin pressure and it hurt to even walk. lol But don't worry...after you have that baby you'll LOVE your first shower. lol
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 9:55 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• oops I meant to say 42 weeks pregnant lol but you get the picture
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 9:56 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I got to that point too, I know how you feel. Best thing to do is buy a shower stool, so you don't have to actually sit in the tub. And if y'all don't have one, get one of those massaging shower heads that you can pull down and use. As far as shaving, I gave up. I did have DH rub some nair on my legs that you could spray off, and that worked fairly well. But if you MUST shave, the stool makes it a LOT easier. They have backless ones and ones that are shaped like chairs.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 10:33 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I am 37 weeks and I hate to shower...I get so exhausted. My husbands shaves for me since I cant. I take a shower every other day and that works pretty well. Getting the moist wipes is good for the days in between so you can still smell fresh and clean the essential parts. That is what I suggest.
    MamaIngram

Answer by MamaIngram at 10:50 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• yeah. totally!! i'm almost 35 weeks along and i'm big and our shower is tiny. Even when i'm not pregnant it's hard to bend over in there to reach my feet and stuff, shaving is way difficult... now it's nearly impossible. I like to shave IN the shower, but since it's harder, i've been getting out to do it. If i can prop my foot up on the side of the tub i can reach better, so i try to just do it while they're still kind of wet. i'm liking the idea of an electric shaver now though.....
    hang in there though! it has to get better eventually!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• If at all possible get an easy-to-install hand held shower head. They have ones that just screw on when you take the regular shower head off. They make showering, and life in general so much easier. Have your hubby or dad or someone do the hookup for you. It's not hard, but it does require some flexibility.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I'm 38 weeks pregnant and was just telling hubby the other day that it wears me out to take a shower. I have to sit down when I get out of the shower. Showering is not one of my top priorities at this point. lol
    _Momof3_

Answer by _Momof3_ at 3:34 PM on Sep. 5, 2009