Why such anger and hatred?

People come here to share their experiences. Why, when someone's experience is not the same as someone elses is there such anger, hatred, and contempt for those people?

No person is perfect, no church is perfect, no two peoples church experiences (even in the same denomination) are going to be exactly the same. That is life. By why, when reading someone elses experience do some people instantly turn on the hatred and turn off the compassion? It makes those who had bad experiences have an even worse view of that institution/church/denomination, and is not a very good example of living by the word of God.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• NO IT CERTAINLY IS NOT A GOOD EXAMPLE, BUT SOME WHO LIVE BY THE WORD OF GOD TEND TO WEAR BLINDERS THAT ONLY ALLOW THEMSELVES TO SEE WHAT THEY WANT AND ANYONE OUTSIDE OF THAT IS WRONG. NO TOLERANCE FOR DIFFERENCES IN FAITH OR VIEWS MAKE THEM SINNERS FOR WE ARE NOT TO JUDGE.

Answer by older at 8:26 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• One word: INTOLERANCE.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:32 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I agree with the previous posters. There was a question here last night that had that feel to it, one I answered. Basically, I was told that my experiences in my former faith were MY fault, that I should have studied more. Forget the fact that all of my experiences with the church came before the age of 16 and with a great deal of study (on my own as those in charge would not help and did not like me having questions). It is intolerance, plain and simple. I am sorry if you have experienced that.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 8:46 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• again, its not only coming from those who are 'churched'..why loose your venom on those only? everyone has had bad experiences, in/at something. instead of pointing fingers at those in the wrong (?), why not pray for them(if you pray)? perhaps their life's experiences has hardened them, and although they may mean well(in a twisted kind of way), or not realize the damage of their words..perhaps THEY are the ones who need to be shown love, as well.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:02 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• again, its not only coming from those who are 'churched'

They do it too! They do it too! It doesn't matter how many "they"s there are, it doesn't excuse the behavior. Why are some people always more interested in spreading the blame around than in addressing the problem?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• They don't live by the word of God whether in a religion or not. and that is where the problem lies!
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 9:25 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• '' Why are some people always more interested in spreading the blame around than in addressing the problem? ''

i did address the problem..it starts with 'self'..and how 'self' responds to this kind of behavior.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:30 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• AASIYAH, THE PROBLEM IS THAT MOST OF THESE HATEUL AND ANGRY WOMEN ARE THE MOST ARDENT OF BELEIVERS IN THE WORD OF GOD, OR SO THEY CLAIM TO BE. THEY CERTAINLY DON'T SHOW THE COMPASSION OR THE LOVE.

Answer by older at 9:35 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• or why do those who had a bad experience feel the need to put down the faith and talk bad about it? This question is only going to cause drama. As far as I am concerned if you can't handle being told there is a different experience you should maybe look at yourself. You get out of a religion what you put into it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Older... i understand what you are saying.. but beneath the charade of being "good church people" (that includes any place of worship)... alot of people really do not go by the word of God.. they can't live it.. they can only preach it. (understand my point?)
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 9:46 AM on Sep. 5, 2009