hi guys, am 14 weeks pregnant and i am hypertensive.have had it before the pregnancy and it was controled but now the medication given to me is not bringing it down.when am in the hospital,the bloodpressure goes down but when i get back home i notice it goes up again.i have been seeing my OB and she knows about it.am just scared i dont know if is possible for me to go through this pregnancy without compications or early delivery.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i have hypertension and also had it during both my pregnancies...just try staying off your feet whenever you can, and stay away from salt...don't panic yet....just do whatever your doc recommends and you'll be fine!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 9:13 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Stay away from excessive salt, but don't cut it out completely. The biggest thing that worked for me, CUT OUT CAFFINE!!! Be sure to drink LOTS of water, and rest when you can. If possible, look into quitting your job sooner than other women would so you can spend a lot of time relaxing. But meditation and (with doc's permission) light exercise (prenatal yoga and light cardio) should also help. Be sure to sleep on your left side. It reduces swelling but can help with your BP. Don't fret about your blood pressure or complications. It will only worsen your blood pressure! I developed pre-e my last week of my pregnancy, and had to deliver early. But the twins were fine, and I'm ok! PM If you need anyone to talk to (lol just let me know in subject that your the Blood pressure girl)
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 10:39 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• it will best fr u to take enough rest wen u re at home. watch the kind of food u eat too.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:26 AM on Dec. 9, 2010