• In the Spotlight:

HELP!!!

MY DD IS A MONTH OLD AND SHE SEEMS TO BE HAVING A HARD TIME HAVING A BOWEL MOVEMENT. IT SEEMS THAT SHE HAS TO STRAIN ALOT, I RECENTLY CHANGED HER FORMULA TO A GENTLE FORMULA ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO, IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN GIVE HER TO HELP. (HE BOWLE MOVEMENTS SEEM TO BE GETTING MORE SOLID IS THAT NORMAL?) I AM GOING TO CALL THE PEDI ON TUES. ALSO ANY ADVISE FOR GAS, SHE IS VERY GASSY

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• honestly the change in her formula might be doing this to her...it could also be a sign of her being lactose intolerant...also what do you mean by strain? my daughters face would go BRIGHT red and she would grunt...thats actually normal!!! as long as shes having a bowl movement every day..if not every other day...and its not little pebbles she is fine....as far as gas...try to burp her more often, or there is gas drops you can buy for a baby...if your ever nervous never hesitate to call the peds...thats what they are there for!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 9:16 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Isn't there a Doc. on call for the weekend? I don't know what you can give a baby that young. I know my middle son was perscibed Enulose at a young age, but i think he was 3mo.old.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• my one month old son is having the same problem...i called the ped & they said try a little vaseline around the anus, it helped ONCE so i called back a few says later, they said i could put a little karo syrup in his formula or give him about an ounce or two of pear or prune juice GL i hope your lo feels better soon
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:19 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• you can also give them a suppository, but I wouldn't recommend any of it without talking to your baby's dr first. There may be a medical problem, then again it could all be related to the formula. Do you travel long trips alot? I remember making a 4 hour trip at least twice a month (well, including travel time back it was 8 hours) and then there would be a couple of at least 3 hour trips (6 including the drive back) in a month. When we stopped traveling so much my baby stopped being so constipated and having a hard time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Sep. 5, 2009