What type of candles would you buy and why?

I mean there are so many different kinds of candles and wax, palm wax, paraffin, soy wax etc. I also like to know what are the preference's when it comes about scents, shapes and motives. And finally; what is the main reason you buy candles and what make you buy candles?

oceanreef79

Asked by oceanreef79 at 9:44 AM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Shopping

• I always buy aromatherapy candles because they help me relax. Pretty much in any scent. Bath and Body Works carries a whole line of them and they really are pretty soothing
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 9:49 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I buy Glades 2in1 moonlit walk & wandering stream. I dont really go for the fancy stuff, I dont see the point of buying a $20 candle when I can get a better scent for $3.95 but thats just me.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:51 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I love candles! I read that the soy candles are the best one because they burn clean. I still have many regular ones that I have to use, I generally choice seasonal scent (like pumpkin pie,or cinnamon etc...) because I use them also like decoration, but I also like the clean scent like baby powder, cotton etc. I learnt something from this web site, there are also reviews:
    http://candlefind.com/
    shining8250

Answer by shining8250 at 2:06 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• At Home America, they burn for a long time and smell really great while they are burning and even after!

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 3:16 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• The best candles that I have found come from a company called Gold Canyon, which is private, kind of like Tupperware or Pampered Chef. They are a little pricey, but burn clean and smell amazing.One small candle makes you entire house smell good. The company also donates some if its proceeds to children charities. If yout ry them geth the Pomegrantate, it is wonderful!
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 4:37 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I agree 100% with emnasmom. I LOVE Gold Canyon!!!
    They smell sooo good. I like the pomegranite,Chocolate fuge,Fresh Orange,the seasonals are good too! The Pumpkin Pie..oh sooo many to mention..I am a BIG fan,but they are a bit pricey. They do burn clean and when done you can use the jars for many different things.We use them for Candies, cake mixes as gifts for christmas and we love that they donate to children charities..okay enough said..lol! You get the picture.
    BABYDRS

Answer by BABYDRS at 4:46 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I love candles from Bath and Body Works. The 3 wick candles are the greatest! They are super fragrant and they last forever! Right now they have a deal going too, buy 2 for $20....usually they are $20 a piece, so it's a steal!
    I may have to try to Gold Canyon candles though, they sound great!
    I also love the oil burners from Bath and Body Works or The Body Shop, they are amazing! I only put about 10-15 drops in the top portion and add some water to it, it makes the oils last longer since they are a bit pricey, AND it still works very well and your whole house smells fantastic. You can buy many of the oils and mix a couple together to make you own fragrances too, I do that a lot! My favorites are the pine tree and cinnamon at Christmas time. =-)
    MansfieldMomma

Answer by MansfieldMomma at 5:12 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I love Yankee candles!
    Amy75972

Answer by Amy75972 at 10:11 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I love soy candles.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 7:13 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I love Yankee candles too. I have never found another candle that makes my whole house smell as good as a Yankee candle does. I tend to buy the scents based on season. I love to have my home smelling good. In spring, I love their Honeysuckle scent. In summer, I like Coconut Bay, in Fall, I buy Home Sweet Home, or any of the pumpkin scents. In winter, I love Buttercream, mulberry, or Home for the Holidays scent. And I buy my Yankee candles at Marshall's, where I only pay $8 for the one that is regular $16. It lasts me well over a month. So $8 per month for an awesome smelling house that everyone compliments, WELL worth it. It also relaxes me during the day to sit and have the house smelling so good, and just chill for a while.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:25 PM on Sep. 6, 2009