What type of candle would you buy and why?

I mean there are so many different kinds of candles and wax, palm wax, paraffin, soy wax etc. I also like to know what are the preference's when it comes about scents, shapes and motives. And finally; what is the main reason you buy candles and what make you buy candles?

oceanreef79

Asked by oceanreef79 at 9:45 AM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I really like the party lite candles. I like consistency in product, and the party lite candles not only smell nice, they burn well, too. They're a bit pricier than the candles you buy at the store, but similar to yankee candles. I buy candles for their relaxation value-- a pleasant smelling candle is nice.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 10:11 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• It depends on what my purpose is. If I'm using candles in ritual I've most likely made them myself. Paraffin burns longer but Soy is better for the environment. As far as scents again it depends on what I'm doing with them. Just to enjoy them I normally go for a vanilla scent.

SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 7:46 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Buy one because you like the scent, I guess. I make my own, mostly gel. These can be made more decorative because they're transparent, but mostly I put in a scent I like. Hazelnut coffee in a clear coffee mug!
    MonicaE521

Answer by MonicaE521 at 10:44 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I buy Yankee Candles. I like them for the way they make my house smell!
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 2:15 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I BY CIRCLE E CANDLES-http://www.circleecandles.com/ AND A ALSO LOVE AMY'S COUNTRY CANDLES-http://www.amyscountrycandles.com/#......BOTH HAVE AWESOME SCENTS AND GREAT BURN QUALITY!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 11:43 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• i LIKE THE FLOATING WATER CANDLE i THINK THEY LOOK NICE AND SOME EVEN SMELL NICE TOO.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 10:11 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Scentsy for me... wickless, flamesless & soot free. Warmed with a light bulb...

www.scentsy.us/kahne
    Kahne

Answer by Kahne at 11:22 PM on Oct. 4, 2009