Was anyone else scared of taking their first postpartum shower?

I dreaded it because I had stitches and everything was so sensitive down there. Did anybody else have that problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was terrified. Lol seriously. I had a c-section and when they told me I could go shower my mind went nuts and started worrying about the staples and everything.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 10:07 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• it is scary because its like theres different things going on with your body that your not used to. im sure everything will be fine as long as the doctor says so :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Nope, I loved it, I used a detachable shower head so I could direct the water where I needed it and be more careful where I did not want it, my hospital had a bench in the tub too so I could sit and all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I was a little nerveous with my first born because i had preeclampsia and i was very lightheaded when i stood up. I thing with the other 2 i was more afraid of taking my first bown movement. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Yeah I was scared just like MommyLee08, I had a C-section to. When they told me I could take a shower I asked them if I could get a walker cause I could barely walk. I had a bench and detachable shower head but I was scared like hell. Everything was fine though, I just wouldnt let soap hit it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• no. a shower sounded relaxing. when I had my 1st and had stitches I went to the bathroom(#1) and that hurt and made me scared to go after I had my 2nd, which I had no stitches and it didnt hurt:)
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 10:41 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I was. But as soon as I got in the shower I was like 'OH MY GOD WHAT WAS I WORRIED ABOUT!!" I can tell you it will probably be one of the best showers of your life. Take my advice. Get a nice luffa, a good smelling soap (lavender is good for relaxing) and pamper your self the best you can in that first shower. I also had a c-section, and didn't have any issues with the staples. However, be sure to completely pat dry the area. And for added protection, when you put your undies back on. Lay a thick pad over the incision. It helped keep mine dry, but also worked as extra padding!
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 10:46 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• oh yeah i was scared. i actually didn't take one every day i was in the hospital...just the day i was going to be released. Afterward i was really wishing i had taken one earlier cause i felt sooooo much better, but just getting used to how my body felt and worrying about how to shower was scary! I was just extra cautious about washing where i hurt, but other than that it wasn't a real problem...it just took forever to wash, dry, and get dressed again! lol!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I just had my dd 6 months ago and like 2 hours after I had her I took and herbal bath with her which way amazing.

The herbs that are in the mixture help you heal faster.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I took a showers & a bath (one after each birth, I have 2 kids) before even leaving to come home. It was sooo nice, actually.

You will be okay. Were you given a peri bottle for warm water to spray down there when you go to the bathroom? It will be like that, sort of.

;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:09 AM on Sep. 5, 2009