protien in pee....?????

hi,
is protein in your pee a bad sign???
well yesterday i went into the docs and found out i have protien in my pee...is there anyway the next time i go in (tuesday) i wont have any in my pee??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• How far along are you? I know when i had protein in my urine i ended up being preeclamptic. Hopefully you will be fine when you go to the doc. on Tues. I think if they were concerned they would have sent you to the hospital like they did me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• could just mean you have a uti or it means abosolutely nothing lol it's not really bad but it's not great either if you have a uti they will put you on antibiotics and it'll go away nothin special
    Anonymous

• Protein in urine is a sign of pre-eclampsia. It may not have been that much though, but the doc may have told you just in case it goes up by your next appointment if you are late in your pregnancy. More common in early pregnancy, though, is an infection in your kidneys (lol in other words, UTI!) But sometimes pre-e can cause kidney problems, like it did for me. I developed it in the last week of mine. More than likely they were giving you a heads up. If they didn't send you to the hospital, it isn't critical. But keep in mind it could get that way.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 10:42 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• i had protein of 4+ at the end of my 1st pregnancy, i was sent to the hospital several times. I had pre eclampsia. was on a modified bed rest for 2 & 1/2 months, then full bed rest for 8 days, in the hospital, and was induced at 36 weeks... i hope it doesn't happen with my current pregnancy... but, we'll see...
    hanniwrencher

Answer by hanniwrencher at 12:48 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• At my 36 week appointment my doctor told me there was a trace amount of protein in my urine. She wasn't concerned though because everything else was fine. I'm 38 weeks now and haven't had any in it since.
    _Momof3_

Answer by _Momof3_ at 3:29 PM on Sep. 5, 2009