So who thinks Obamas Sept 8 Speech Is just a smokescreen?

To get your mind off the heathcare reform he is wanting to pass.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm more concerned about his addressing Congress on Wednesday regarding health care reform! I think this is really just another attempt to get people all fired up over one issue as he sneaks in a more important issue!

Fortunately for me and many other politically savvy people, I can multitask and keep focus on what is REALLY important, while trying to stomp out the petty annoyances (like the education speech)! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:17 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• yup
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 10:44 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Yeah sure because speaking about education and staying in school is just a smokescreen.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• No thats not what he is doing. This is all part of his agenda of turning us into something we don't want to be apart of. All these things Obama is doing are just tiny pieces of what goes on in turning a Democratic republic into a socialist country. Do it slow and they won't notice till it is too late. You people better start paying attention.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:46 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Oh the paranoia.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• It's not paranoia. People need to start paying attention to what is going on. I don't necessarily think that it is a smokescreen, but he is trying to help use the children to get the adults do what he wants us to do.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:54 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Yes it is. WTF. He is talking about education and staying in school!!! How is THAT getting them to make adults do things for him, crazy lady.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• If he wants to tell kids to: stay in school, do your homework, be kind, eat your fruit, be responsible, it will take 15 minutes TOPS! I may be more inclined to watch. But, a 1 hour speech to kids. They can't sit still for 5 minutes. It will chaos. My 6th graders will be talking, throwing paper, wanting to go to the bathroom, sleeping, and if it goes too long, there will be a fight. We aren't tuning in at my school. I'm doing math. That takes 90 minutes, and I can switch activities often and keep them working.

teacher

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:26 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I'm not a liberal, I didn't vote for Obama and I still think everyone freaking out about this speech are idiots. What are you so afraid of? Are you unable to talk to your children about his speech when they get home from school? It would be the perfect thing to talk about at the dinner table. I am amazed at how petty republicans are being about everything. It almost makes me sad to be one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• And the Nazis thought German citizens were paranoid when they questioned Hitler.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 PM on Sep. 5, 2009