babysitter/MIL

I started working again and my son is 2, my MIL keeps him from 9-5 most of the time, its about to get hectic at work so it may be longer... I want to pay her, because I think its only fair. She is probably going to refuse, what do you do in this situation and how much do you pay your sitter?

nakoal87

Asked by nakoal87 at 10:47 AM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

• I would offer $100.00 a week if she refuses get her gift cards every so often. Perhaps a gift card to her hairstylsit of favorite resturant to let her know how helpful she is.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 10:52 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Ya if she refuses then take her to dinner or get a gift card like the OP said. I think $100.00 sounds good.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 10:55 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Ok. Thanks girls. But she is stubborn and wanted to buy his diapers and I wouldn't let her because they have done sooooo much for us in the past and I think it's due time that we do for them. She asked how much they were and I asked " Why" and she said that her husband, son's grandfather, was going to buy them and I told her No he wasn't. They are expensive and the way she goes through them, we are going to be broke! LOL Oh well, at least I know I have a good sitter. But seriously we have got to get him out of diapers, FAST! He's 2 but he was a micropreemie so he isn't up to par on most everything normal 2 year olds are...
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 11:02 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• buy his groceries and whatever else he'll use there and perhaps some special new toys.

sometimes for my mom when she watches my kids a lot I'll go sneak and pay her cable or utilities bill!!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:25 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• toys = to be left at her house. special stuff to make her day easier like a really AWESOME set of blocks or a cozy coupe or something. or pay for a class for them to do together (dance, swim, etc) or buy them a zoo or childrens museum membership
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:26 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I pay my sitter $2 hr per child. I hear that's awsome though. If she refuses, put it in an envelope and give it to her as a christmas prestent at the end of the year or buy her something nice she would never purchase herself.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 2:35 PM on Sep. 5, 2009