Polls Tell Grim Tale For Obama?

This week's polls are a disaster for President Barack Obama. The Rasmussen poll has his approval dropping to 45 percent, after several weeks at 49 percent. The Zogby poll has it even lower — at 42 percent.

Worse yet, he's losing his political base:
Only 75 percent of Democrats, who formerly have supported Obama strongly, now approve of his performance in office. Zogby reports that this represents a slide of more than 10 points over the summer

http://www.newsmax.com/morris/obama_polls_healthcare/2009/09/03/256099.html

tyme4me2day

Asked by tyme4me2day at 10:53 AM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• This isn't very surprising. Mark my words...unless he REALLY does something that helps this country soon, the polls are only going to get worse. He's done a horrible job so far as president, especially with the economy. I would love it if he would discontinue to add TRILLIONS of dollars to our national deficit, but his plans are showing drastically otherwise.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 1:16 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• whos obama?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• What's your question??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Quote:

Yet the longer he takes to resolve this political problem, the more his ratings will slip — diminishing his power to achieve anything. No president with support in the 30s would be able to push through a program like his healthcare agenda.

It now looks like healthcare reform will cripple the Obama presidency, as it did Bill Clinton's in 1993.

Of course, Clinton was able to move to the center and secure re-election in 1996. But can a true believer like Obama do the same? He has shown a willingness to move to the center on foreign policy, leaving troops in Iraq and adding them in Afghanistan. But on the domestic front, the only area where he has been willing to embrace centrist positions is education.

At best, Obama will be months if not years recovering from this disaster. In the short term, he's likely to finish September wishing he'd stayed in Martha's Vineyard
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 10:56 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Your fearless leader has lost his wings....so not so great Huh?
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 10:57 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Its hard to succeed from the far left when collectively the nation is center right.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:11 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Go look at Bush Clinton and Regan's polls at this point in thier first terms. Obama's right in the middle of the pack! How grim is that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• What is it with the question czar today?
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:18 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• As I was told repeatedly when Bushs numbers were tanking, polls mean squat- they are easy enough to skew to get the results you want and a sampling of 1000 out of millions is not really a true representation.

Obama is losing numbers with the left because he isn't Liberal enough for many.

I find it very ironic that so many on the right are screaming Socialism while I, and many like me are disappointed because he is obviously another Corporatist like the last 4 guys. 

Friday

Answer by Friday at 11:20 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I find it very ironic that so many on the right are screaming Socialism while I, and many like me are disappointed because he is obviously another Corporatist like the last 4 guys.

If I understand what you are saying, you and others like you think he is a capitalist? He is too socialist for the conservative right and not socialist enough for the fascist left. Now that is unexpected.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:40 AM on Sep. 5, 2009