Proposed bill to require guns be listed on tax return.

They can't get rid of the 2nd Amendment, yet, but they can find a way to get passed the Senate and require you pay taxes on your guns. Create a registry, of honest people with guns, and then............what? Once they have that information, there is nothing stopping the government from taking those guns through, say, tax fraud charges. This isn't law. It's tax code. Check it out on snopes. The Blair-Holt Bill SB-2099.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/blairholt.asp

jesse123456

Asked by jesse123456 at 10:54 AM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Just this: Nope, it ain't happening. You want my gun? Do it legally by repealing the 2nd amendment of the Constitution, if you think you can without starting a new civil war. I sincerely hope I never have to kill anyone or anything but rats or rattlesnakes with my gun, but I am damn well going to make sure I and my loved ones have some protection if it's ever needed.
    Oh YES, I am going Anon on this!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Question??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• So what? I am 50 years old and never had or needed a gun.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 10:58 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Question?? .

Create a registry, of honest people with guns, and then............what?

Was that too complicated?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

then you probably don't have anything worth stealing. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• The question is embedded withing the text. It's right there for the reading. It doesn't have to come at the beginning or the end of a post. Create a registry, of honest people with guns, and then............what?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Clarification: There is an on-going push to repeal the 2nd Amendment, to disarm the citizenry. If it is done through tax code instead of law, how do we defend against that. I'm 50 yo, and I do own guns. It isn't just the gun issue. When and how do we stop all of this and keep the integrity of our Constitution? Guns or not, this is something to be concerned about.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:09 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• It doesn't bother me at all. If you aren't doing anything wrong why would you care if the goverment knows you have a gun? It's supposed to be reigstered anyway. Freeking gun nuts!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

And your all that matters??

And in reply to the issue. This is what Hitler did, England did all before disarming their citizens.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:22 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Anon 11:15AM

Do you remember the Virginia Tech massacre? Well, you see, that is just ONE example of what happens when you are in a "gun free zone." You see, the bad people with the guns, know that it is highly likely that their future victims will not be able to defend themselves against an attack, as they do not have guns.

What keeps the bad guys at bay, is not knowing whether or not an intended target/victim has an effective means of defending themselves or their property!

If the 2nd amendment were to be repealed, and everyone was stripped of their legal right to own a gun, then the bad guys (who don't care about breaking the law), will have the power to take by force whatever they want!

This is a common occurrence in the ultimate Nanny state known as Great Britain, where ordinary folks are robbed in broad daylight while at home, because gun ownership is illegal--even the police do not carry lethal weapons!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:28 AM on Sep. 5, 2009