how do you ladies cook your lasagna?

well i should say make. what extra little things do you add to it? i make mine the regular old fashioned way and i want to zaz it up some. thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Food & Drink

• cook the ground beef with onions, garlic salt and italian sesoning then add the 3 cheese pasta sauce, then i add ricotta cheese to that

put a layer of sauce in the baking dish, then noodles, then top with mozerella cheese (i do about 2 or 3layers like that) then bake it for about 20 minutes
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:06 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Italian sausage and use whole canned tomatoes to make the sauce, taste amazing, fresh basil and mozzarella too! My good friend makes one with chicken and veggies that is amazing!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:10 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• that does sound good. might try that one. i wrote it down. thanks!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I use ricotta cheese, mozzerella cheese and mix cream cheese in with the ricotta cheese (makes it really creamy and yummy). I have added sliced hardboiled eggs too. I use a mixture of ground beef and ground Italian sauage.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:35 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• In addition to the regular ingredients (beef or sausage, ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese, sauce), when I make it for my husband only I had spinach and mushrooms.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 12:25 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Mushroom Lasagne
    For the Bechamel:
    5 tbsp butter
    1/4 c all-purpose flour
    1 qt milk
    2 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp ground nutmeg (freshly ground if possible)
    Melt the butter in a large semi-heavy bottom saucepan over medium heat. When melted, stir in the flour until smooth. Continue stirring as the flour cooks to a light golden color. (around 7 min) Turn up the heat to medium-high and slowly whisk in milk until thickened. Simmer gently, then reduce heat to medium-low and continue simmering until the flour has softened. (around 10 to 20 minutes) Add the salt and nutmeg, mix. Remove from heat and set aside until needed for the lasagna.
    For the lasagna:
    About 2 1/2 c sliced mixed mushrooms of your choice (fresh and cleaned)
    1 c finely chopped onion
    2 c fontina cheese, shredded
    2 cloves finely minced garlic
    1 tsp Mexican oregano
    1/4 tsp ground red pepper (if you don't want even the slightest hint of spice, leave it o

Answer by rkoloms at 12:28 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to preferred taste
    1 pkg ready to bake lasagna noodles
    3 tbsp parmesan cheese (for topping)
    Mix all ingredients together, except for the noodles and parmesan, and then pour into the Bechamel, mix well. (I will now refer to this mixture as the "sauce") Grease a casserole dish, any kind you prefer, with olive oil, then add some of the sauce, spread well. Alternate layers of noodles and sauce until you've used it all. Top with parmesan. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for around 30 - 40 minutes or until bubbly and noodles are completely cooked.
    Note: I throw in frozen chopped spinach, too

Answer by rkoloms at 12:31 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• thanks everyone all these sound soo good.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I just made some the other day. I make mine with ground lean beef fry that with some onions and garlic. Then add about 2 cans of sauce along with diced tomatoes and add parsley and basil with other italian seasonings. For the cheeses I mix ricotta, parmesan, and cream cheese along with eggs and parsely. I layer meat/sauce then the cheese and top that with mozzarella and repeat. Cook it at about 350 degrees covered for 45 min and the 15 uncovered.
    MandyT1021

Answer by MandyT1021 at 1:22 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I layer it all the way also.
    MandyT1021

Answer by MandyT1021 at 1:24 PM on Sep. 5, 2009