Final Distruction Of The Garden of Eden??

I remember growning up my mother talking about the fact that Eden wasn't actually distroied until the Flood of Noah. She said that the people that lived in that day would have seen it, would have known what it was, but that the entrance was blocked by the spinning sword and angels...

My question is this...

If you believe that Eden was a real place do you think it would have been destroied by the Flood? If you do not believe this could have been the case then what happened to it?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 11:38 AM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i suppose i always thought it to be more figurative (ooh, that's not the word i need...) than literal. a perfect place with no mark or blemish, physically or spiritually. once disobedience came, it no longer existed as 'perfect'. i never considered eden as a place still perfect, in any form, at any particular location.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:06 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• The bible said it flooded the whole earth so yes it was.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:47 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Actually I wouldn't say it was destroyed completely by the flood as much as it was destroyed because of the reasonings behind the flood . Anyways that would have been my interpretation of it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:49 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I was always taught that God took Eden to heaven...
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 2:52 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Eden is not nor have it been on Earth. It exist and was not destroyed and will never be destroyed .. it is part of paradise. if you remember correctly, Adam, eve and satan were cast out of it.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 3:28 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• so... adam, eve, and satan were aliens... ? lol jk
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:30 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• xxhazeldovexx that's right! Illegal aliens.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 7:38 PM on Sep. 5, 2009