Can i still get pregnant useing Enssure its where they put copper wire in your fallopion tubes? Anybody else have this?

I am a week or more late on my period i got copper wire in my fallopion tubes that is suppose to make me sterile. My last period was very light. does anybody else also have Enssure? Really in need of some opitions. Thank you to all the mommys out there!

mommymissa1979

Asked by mommymissa1979 at 11:38 AM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Health

• Any time you have sex you can get pregnant. Unless you're having sex with another woman.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I would call the dr and if you can't wait that long go ahead and test, but still talk to the dr. I had a tubal wich has failed me, pills failed me (taking them right and no antibotics or anything else to mess them up), the shot failed me, I had an IUD fail me. I guess I'm just super fertile or something.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I am suppose to be sterile

mommymissa1979

Answer by mommymissa1979 at 11:53 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Ok, first off it is a nickel coil (sorry, am picky about specifics). Second off, how long ago did you have it done? You aren't sterile until you get your confirmation test and it shows that your tubes are closed off. I had Essure done 2 weeks ago so I know I have to use birth control at the moment. If your period is late, take a test. It is VERY rare but I have read of some women getting pregnant after the confirmation test and the doctors don't know how it happened.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 12:07 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• The procedure is called Essure. It takes some time for it to go into affect. The Essure procedure causes scar tissue to develop in your fallopian tube enabling an egg to be released to where it can be fertilized. If you are having sex before the scar tissue has fully developed and successfully blocking off the fallopian tubes you could become pregnant.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 12:22 PM on Sep. 5, 2009