I know there's always a chance, but?

I have one child which was a surprise pregnancy, I found out when I was really late. I've been on the fence about getting pregnant again. Sometimes I look at everything going on and I say that we can handle another in all respects other times I feel like we can't. We haven't been using bc, I think I ovulated yesterday maybe this morning, we had sex for three days in a row before yesterday, What are the chances that I could get pregnant from that? How soon can I find out if I am or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• If you have sex when you ovulate you have a 20% chance of concieving. The soonest you can find out is when you miss your period.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 11:52 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• you can find out 5 days before you miss your period with an early detection test
    Bjoycassell

Answer by Bjoycassell at 12:34 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• If you ovulated when you think you did, then the chances that you got pregnant are as good as they're gonna get. The earliest you can take a test with a reasonable expectation of an accurate result is 5 days before your period with an early-response test, but it has to be one that advertises results 5 days before your period. But even then, the only way that will put you at ease is if you get a positive; if you get a negative, you're still going to be wondering if it was too early to test until your period shows or you get a positive test later. So it makes more sense to me to wait at least until you miss your period, if not a couple of days later. That will give you the most accurate results for any test.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:48 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• 5 days b4 with an early detection test.. but id wait until a week after your missed peiod because then your more likely to get result that are accurate
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 3:11 PM on Sep. 5, 2009