How many braxton hicks contractions is too many, per hour?

I've been hacing a lot of braxton hicks and wondering if I should be worried. I've been drinking a lot of water and laying on my left side- so that's covered- but at what point do I need to worry, how many contractions per hour do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my doctor told me more then 4 an hr to go to L&D
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I guess it would depend on how far along you are.
    At term, if it's painless labor contractions, then 10 or more an hour could be great.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:19 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I'm 28 weeks and my doctor told me that she would like me to call her if they're coming 10 minutes or closer together...particularly if they're coming at even intervals. She said to empty your bladder, drink some water and lay down when you're having them (or if you're already laying down, then stand up). Most of the time that should make them go away. (I have a 16 mo. old though..so laying down isn't always an option for me)
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 1:37 PM on Sep. 5, 2009