My DD is 5 and weighs 70 lbs

My daughter has been a little heavy since she was 3 she does not eat junk food and she is active and takes dance she also rides her bike daily .. Do you have any suggetions on what else i can do to keep her weight down and her healthy?

lizzysmom83

Asked by lizzysmom83 at 11:54 AM on Sep. 5, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• How tall is she? The most important thing isn't how much they weigh, but if they are in good proportion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Put her in sports I have a cousin who is 5 years old also and she is on the heavy side too and she dose not eat junk food but (she dose sneak food at night) that migth be the problem anyways my aunt has her playin soccer.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 12:01 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• she is about 45'
    lizzysmom83

Answer by lizzysmom83 at 12:01 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Try cutting back all unneccesarry sugars. For instance juice has a lot of sugar or it could be her metabolism.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 12:02 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• my five year old is 90 pounds and over 4 ft tall
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 12:12 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• What (and how much) are you feeding her? That sounds awfully big for a 5 year old.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Can you not read i said she does NOT eat junk she eats turkey baked chicken turkey burgers fruits veggies and she drinks sugar free juices or water no soda .... and she eats the avarage amount that a five year old would eat small portions!!1
    lizzysmom83

Answer by lizzysmom83 at 1:08 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Can I not read? Yes I can flaming read. Never mind I won't help you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• well she told you she didnt eat junk!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Try getting her into sports that are high energy, dance could be if its fast enough, but if its' ballet, then no. Things like running(soccer) even getting her a mini trampoline for her to jump on (great for when its' raining out) The thing would be for you to get everyone in the family doing more, that way she dosn't feel singled out.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 1:22 PM on Sep. 5, 2009