bottle ws zippycup

how can change my 11 months old from bottle to cup to drink formula or milk soon from it?i tried she don't want it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try a sippy cup with a relly soft spout almost like a nipple. They have beginner sippy cups that work well.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 12:11 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Only give her regular milk in a sippy cup and keep the formula to her bottle.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 12:51 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I just did it cold turkey. I switched her progressively from formula to cows milk (then to soy milk...another story) in the bottle. Then, once she was completely switched over, I did the bottle to sippy cup cold turkey. I kept the bottles out of sight. I warmed the milk as per usual, grabbed her bottle time blanket as per usual and put her on my lap as per usual and gave it to her in a sippy. She complained for about 3 days and didn't drink near as much milk as usual (I just increased her cheese, yogurt and other calcium (broccoli, arrowhead cookies, etc.) servings to compensate. She adjusted by day 4 and we haven't looked back. You'll be surprised how quickly they adjust as long as you're consistent. We use a straw type sippy cup...but we've been using it for juice/water since about 6 mo. so she was very familiar.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 1:41 PM on Sep. 5, 2009