Transit Bus ?

We have a park and ride to and from our state fair.... I would like to do that to cut the cost of having to park at the fair. My question is..... is it ok to bring a 15 month old on the bus? What about car seats? i checked the website and i cant find anything about age and riding....! if anyone knows let me know please :) thanks

LizaJayne

Asked by LizaJayne at 12:23 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• My kids (5 and 7) take the bus all the time and have since they were newborns. Our busses have special places on them for moms with big strollers- so when they were really little (and I had big strollers) I stood there and just left them in the storller. When they got old enough for an umbroller I would fold it up and hold them on my lap.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 12:32 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Public transprotation do not provide car seats and they aren't required, you just put the child on your lap
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:32 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• No car seats because they have no seat belts.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Oh and there's no need for carseats- buses are designed to be safe without the need for seatbelts.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 12:33 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I have been taking my daughter on public transit (buses and trains) since she was three weeks old.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:43 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• It is definitely ok. I've taken my kids on public transportation at all ages. My suggestion is try to go as hands free as possible. Carry a bag that you can use as a backpack or wear across your body. If you are using a stroller, make sure you can fold it & lift it onto the bus while you are holding your baby (or have someone with you who can help). Have fun!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 2:26 PM on Sep. 5, 2009