People of other faiths you look up to

I was just wondering are there any groups of people in other faiths you look up to?

For me it is the military chaplins and their assistants. The chaplins go into war zones and they do not carry guns. The same goes for their assistants. I could never go into a place knowing that I was going to get shot at and not take a gun with me. So I have always looked up to them.

Alanaplus3

Asked by Alanaplus3 at 12:46 PM on Sep. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• This may sound wierd but I have great respect for anyone of any faith or lack thereof that lives true to themselves and their beliefs. I think having great faith and devotion to/in anything is something to be proud of. I do not however have respect for those that are hypocrites and are disrespectful to others. But if I had to pick a certain sect of people I would say I respect monks that take vows of silence or poverty.
    Lacymarie

Answer by Lacymarie at 12:54 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• The monks are pretty neat too.
    I have actually watched the military chaplins in action though and it is mind blowing.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 1:08 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• An amazing Jewish Rabbi wrote a book called "When bad things happen to Good People" It's an amazing book and helped me greatly when my infant was battling cancer
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:12 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I have always admired orthodox Jewish people. They really live and breathe their faith every single day.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 1:44 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I admire anyone who fully lives their fatih. I feel I fall extremely short in this area. But I was taught so many things so now I am just studying to make sure this is true.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 2:50 PM on Sep. 5, 2009